Thank you to students and parents, alike, for continued support of our students and school! This has been a busy summer, getting ready for the 2016-17 school year. The LHS staff and I are eager to work with you this upcoming school year. I can truly say that I am proud to be a Pioneer and can't wait for our returning students to get back to campus, and to meet our newest Pioneers.
Our students achieve at high levels in the classroom, in clubs/activities, and in athletics. We have so much to celebrate! Just a few pieces of good news for you:
• ACT scores have risen steadily and are up for the first time in a number of years, matching the state composite at 21.9. The number of students who take the ACT is on the rise, as well.
• Targeted classes and programs have been implemented to support students (Strategies Classes, College/ACT Prep, Social Skills Focus Group, College and Career Prep., etc.)
• The number of Fs by students is down 50%.
• The attendance rate has risen by 3 points.
• Graduation rate has increased by 7 points.
• The Pioneer Mentoring program impacts 300+ freshmen and new students each fall and assists in the transition for long-term success at Leavenworth High School.
• Efforts have been made to strengthen the partnership with parents (New Parent Orientation, newsletters, email communication, etc.).
I hope you had a relaxing summer and are renewed for another year of academic rigor and Pioneer activities and athletics. Please let me know if you have any questions about the start of the year. It is going to be a great one! Go Pioneers!
Dr. Tom Barry