Moving to Leavenworth High School?
Thank you for your interest in Leavenworth High School. We look forward to having you as a part of our Pioneer family. The following information will assist you in a smooth transition into Leavenworth High School. Please feel free to contact us, at (913) 684-1550, with any questions you may have.
If you are interested in attending Leavenworth High School and want to see what it is really like inside the halls and walls of this great school, please contact the Guidance Department at (913) 684-1550. We'll be happy to show you around this beautiful educational facility and share the many successes of students and staff.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Contact the Guidance Office at (913) 684-1550.
- Schedule an appointment to review transcripts and establish a schedule for the upcoming year.
- Assist with the procurement of school records.
- Formal enrollment process.
Important Information Needed for Enrollment:
- School Records (transcript, attendance, discipline, IEP/504 Plan if applicable, test scores)
- Proof of Residency (water, gas, electric bill, lease/mortgage)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Ability to pay fees (or arrange a fee payment structure).
- Fees: Materials fees based on selected classes.
- City of Leavenworth Busing: Leavenworth USD 453 provides busing through Easton Bus Service (913 682-2244). Students who live in the city of Leavenworth and more than 2.5 miles from the school can be bused free of charge. Students who live less than 2.5 miles from the school may contact Easton Bus Service to arrange busing for a monthly fee.
- Fort Leavenworth Busing: Students who live on Fort Leavenworth receive busing from the Fort Leavenworth USD 207/Fort Leavenworth Transportation Division. Families need to contact that office at (913) 651-7373 to arrange busing to and from Leavenworth High School.
Support Programs for Incoming Students:
- Pioneer Ambassadors: Pioneer Ambassadors are student leaders who assist new and prospective students, families, and the community in learning about Leavenworth High School. They provide tours of the school, support school events, and assist students in the transition to a new high school.
- Pioneer Mentoring Program: The Pioneer Mentoring Program welcomes freshmen and new students with a New Student Orientation, just prior to the first day of school. The Orientation assists students in learning the ways of LHS, methods of academic success, opportunities for involvement, and promotes new students as being part of the Pioneer family. New students are provided a LHS t-shirt to wear to games, etc. Throughout the school year, freshmen will be grouped and work with 3-4 mentors in continuous support of a successful school year.