Boston University Pre-College Programs
Cadet Law Enforcement Academy
- Sponsored by The Kansas Highway Patrol and The Kansas American Legion, with the purpose of helping young Kansans gain knowledge regarding the training and responsibilities of Law Enforcement Officers.
- Students must have completed their junior year with a “B” average and physically able to participate in all activities in the week-long program.
- The cost is paid by our local American Legion (approximately $300) and held at the Kansas Highway Patrol Training Academy in Topeka.
Columbia University Summer Programs
- Visit www.sps.columbia.edu/hs for more information.
Cottey College Summer Workshop
- This workshop is geared toward young women who want to develop fundamental skills, such as service learning and networking, which will prepare them for college and future careers.
- Visit www.cottey.edu/workshop for more information.
Discovery Internships (Internship programs for high school students)
- Discovery Internships is dedicated to helping students stand out and take control of their futures. Our customized internship programs provide life-changing experiences for students at a pivotal time in their life. Whether you are a high school student looking to gain clarity on college choices or fields of potential study or just looking for a meaningful summer in one of the greatest cities in the world, you’ve come to the right place. Click here for more information.
Duke Summer Sessions
- If you are currently in grade 10 or 11, spend your summer at Duke Summer College for High School Students! Get ahead this summer and earn college credit with academically-motivated students from around the world. Click here for more information.
- Spend your summer at Duke Summer Academy for High School Students if you are currently in grades 9-12. This program for personal enrichment offers courses with a global perspective. Click here for more information.
Flint Hills Publications Workshop
- Journalism camp sponsored by Kansas State University. Click here for more information.
Fort Hays State University High Plains Music Camp
Fort Hays State University Hispanic College Institute
- For Hispanic and Latino students in Kansas
- Prepares students to enter and succeed in higher education.
- Apply by April 1.
- Visit www.fhsu.edu/hci for more information.
Fort Hays State University Kansas Academy of Mathematics and Science Summer Academy
Fort Hays State University Summer Nightingale Experience
- Attention all sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in nursing. Fort Hays State University Department of Nursing & Hays Med is offering a hands-on experience.
- Applications are due April 1 and the program is limited to 20 students. Apply at http://www.fhsu.edu/nursing/nightingale-experience/.
Furman University Summer Scholars
- Leadership opportunity for students who have completed their junior year in school. Students are able to delve into and study government.
- Students must be U.S. Citizens, in the top half of the junior class, active in extra-curricular activities and possess good character.
- Students may pay a nominal registration fee and our local American Legion pays the balance.
- Girls State will be held at Kansas University.
- Boys State at Kansas State University.
- Applications are available from Ms. Klima and are due in March.
Jr. Discovery (Summer middle school enrichment programs)
- Top reasons to choose Jr. Discovery Programs: A fun and enriching summer experience for middle school students. Learn in the classroom, in the dorm, on the tennis court, on-stage, and beyond. Click here for more information.
Kansas Future Teacher Academy
- Open to current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors interested in becoming a teacher and who have already demonstrated academic scholarship, leadership skills and interest in professional education.
- Held on the Emporia State University campus
- Applications are available at www.emporia.edu/jones/kfta/ and must be submitted by April 2016.
- Investigative Summer Science Program (ISSP) - this is a FREE 2-week program to ALL selected participants! If selected to participate, students will have the opportunity to live in the residence halls, eat in the dining hall, participate in science projects, lectures, and field trips, PLUS they'll earn college credit upon completion of the program. This is primarily an opportunity for students following their Freshman, Sophomore, and Juniors years. Click here for more information - students can also use this link to apply online!
Otis College of Art and Design's Summer of Art
Phillips Academy Summer Session
- This is a five-week academically intense experience for students entering grades 8 through 12 located at Phillips academy in Andover, Massachusetts.
- Visit www.andover.edu/summer for more information about programs available and to apply.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute PREFACE Summer Program 2016
- This is a two-week residential summer experience for talented high school sophomores and juniors.
- Criteria includes academic performance, test scores, quality of essay and recommendations.
- The program is limited to US citizens and permanent residents from underrepresented and underserved backgrounds.
- The application can be found at: http://summer.rpi.edu/.
Stanford University Pre-collegiate Studies
Summer Discovery (Pre-college enrichment & business institutes for high school students)
- Top reasons to choose Summer Discovery: More diverse pre-college summer enrichment opportunities than any other organization, including college credit,enrichment, SAT Prep, internships, business and leadership institutes, and study abroad.
- Decades-long partnerships with several of the world’s best universities. Our students are an integral part of the university community. Click here for more information.
Truman State University
- Summer Talent Academy for Profession in Health (STAPH)
- Zombie Scholars Academy: A Problem-Based Exploration of Science, Literature, and Leadership
- Both summer opportunities are open to 10th and 11th grade students with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 3.5 GPA in basic science courses are eligible for nomination. Once nominated, students will be expected to complete a detailed application that includes an essay. If interested, see your guidance counselor immediately. Deadline for nomination is November.
United States Air Force Academy Summer Seminar
- The Summer Seminar application is open Dec. 1 through Jan. 31. No rolling selections will be made.
- Selections for this program will be made after the application closes with notification via email of selection or non-selection.
- Designed for high school juniors heading into their senior year, Summer Seminar allows participants to see a realistic slice of cadet life.
United States Military Academy Summer Leadership Experience
- The Summer Leaders Experience (SLE) gives high school juniors a week to experience life as a cadet to inform their college selection decision.
- SLE is a fast-paced program of academic classes, military training, physical fitness training and intramural athletics conducted during the month of June each year. There are two SLE sessions, each one week long.
- Applicants apply once to compete for both sessions and are given the opportunity to state a preference for a particular session at the time of application. The application window for this year's SLE sessions TBD.
United States Naval Academy Summer Seminar
- The United States Naval Academy Summer Seminar is a fast-paced, six-day experience for high achievers who have completed their junior year in high school.
- If you think that you may be interested in pursuing an appointment to one of the nation's service academies, you should consider attending the USNA Summer Seminar.
- The application window for this year's sessions opens in January.
University of Alabama Early College
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Earn college credit online.
- Visit http://uaearlycollege.ua.edu/ for further information.
University of Kansas Engineering Summer Camp
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Big Red Summer Academic Camps
Information and registration can be found: http://engr.ku.edu/camps#Summer
The KU Engineering High School Summer Camp is a week-long, intensive learning camp for high school students. Campers choose from different engineering disciplines and work closely with KU faculty and graduate students as they complete a hands-on project. Held on KU’s campus, students will get an up-close view of KU and the School of Engineering classrooms and labs.
- Visit http://4h.unl.edu/big-red-camps for information about summer programs such as Computing, Weather and Climate Science, Veterinary Science, Filmmaking, Engineering, Culinary Arts and Food Science, Outdoor Nebraska, and Unicameral Youth Legislature.
Washington University in St. Louis
- Middle and High School Summer Experiences: Click here for more information about these programs.